Saturday, June 12, 2010

CrossFit Certification Day 1


















Ok what an incredible day So far this cert has exceeded all my expectations. The speakers are dynamic, very informative, funny, and serious Bad Asses all of them. The way the information was presented, demonstrated, and applied was excellent. I have learned so much and I have all this info rolling around in my head. Went through the 9 functional movements in the class room and then went outside and practiced what we learned. The 9 movements are squat, front squat, OH squat, straight press, push press, press jerk, dead lift, sumo dead lift high pull, mb clean. We covered “What is CrossFit?” and “what is Fitness?” and once again tons of great information.
And of course as Coach Justin said, we got "Franned". There are 56 of us and it was a crazy new experience working out with so many people at once. We went in three waves so there were about 18 us at a time. I chose to go in the first to get it over with. The scaled version was jumping pull-ups, also a new experience as I usually use the band. My “Fran” time was about 4 minutes faster than my last, but the jumping pull-ups seemed much easier than banded pull-ups.
All and all it was a great day. And though we did a bunch of squats and held most of them and “Fran” I am not too sore, a bit worn out, but not sore. I am sure it is due to Justin’s advice to take the 2 days before off. I am not quite sure what is in store for tomorrow and I can hardly wait. I do know we have a test. Well I need to study some and hit the rack. Tomorrows update will not probably come until Monday. See ya at the box. BTW that is my backside in the picture right before "Fran". Very flattering shot and nice posture!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the update! Also love you are going the week before us. Kind of like getting a preview! Arlene

    ReplyDelete